In today’s episode, host Marc Clair is joined by George Phillies. George has been involved in Libertarian Party politics for several decades, was a former Libertarian Party candidate for President, and has written four books on Libertarian Party politics and funding. His latest titled, Surely We Can Do Better, examines the finances and spending of the 2012 Gary Johnson and 2008 Bob Barr Presidential campaigns. In this discussion we talk about:
– How George became a libertarian, and his background in Libertarian Party politics
– Why he believes delegates were misled about Gary Johnson’s campaign finances prior to election him the Libertarian Party nominee in 2012
– The debt incurred by the Gary Johnson 2012 campaign
– How the Johnson campaign’s battle with the FEC factors in and how it impacted the campaign’s debt
– The real world effects of achieving milestones such as 15% in the polls and/or 5% of the vote
– What George would look for in a Libertarian Party presidential candidate
Enjoy this “inside baseball” with a true Libertarian Party insider!
Stay on top of the latest Lions of Liberty news with our unobtrusive email list!
Never miss an episode of the Lions of Liberty Podcast and subscribe for free via iTunes (don’t forget to leave us a rating and review )- or the Stitcher Radio App,. The show also airs at on our affiliates at LibertyTalk.FM at 6pm EST every Saturday and Sunday, and throughout the week at LRN.FM, the Liberty Radio Network! Check out our full catalog of interviews in the podcast archive!
SUPPORT THE LIONS OF LIBERTY PODCAST!
For a practical, affordable alternative to standard health insurance, check out our great sponsor, Heath Excellence Select!
Learn more here:
Shop for killer liberty and political gear at Liberty Maniacs and use Discount Code “LIONSOFLIBERTY” for 10% off your entire purchase!
Check out our YouTube Channel!
Receive access to ALL of our EXCLUSIVE bonus audio content – including “Conspiracy Corner”, “Degenerate Gamblers” and the “League of Liberty Podcast” by joining the Lions of Liberty Pride and supporting us on Patreon!