In today’s episode of Lions of Liberty, host Marc Clair welcomes Robin Koerner back to the program to discuss his new book, “If You Can Keep It”, which aims to help liberty-minded folks better communicate their political ideas to the masses. Robin has appeared on this program several times, most recently on a couple of our post-debate recaps during the primary season. He first came into the liberty movement when he wrote an article for The Huffington Post back in 2011 asking Democrats to become “Blue Republicans”, by switching to the GOP to support Ron Paul. This quickly spawned the “Blue Republican” group, which continues to support and endorse libertarian candidates across the political spectrum. In this interview, we discuss:
- Why it’s important to win supporters, not arguments.
- Why logic and reason don’t immediately win people over when it comes to political debate.
- The concept of the “paradigm”, and how our own paradigms affect not only the way we communicate, but how we perceive the information being sent to us.
- How Nigel Farage and UKIP were able to effectively create a paradigm shift with the recent Brexit
- So much more!
Discussed in this conversation:
- As Robin mentioned on the show, get a signed copy of “If You Can Keep It” by heading over to IfYouCanKeepIt.US
- Robin’s website at RobinKoerner.com
- Check out Robin’s 1st appearance on Lions of Liberty
- Robin also appeared on “Libertarians in Living Rooms Drinking Liquor” and our 3rd Democratic Debate Roundtable
- If you want to help our site out, you can also purchase Robin’s book over via our Amazon link:
About today’s sponsor:
For a practical, affordable alternative to standard health insurance, check out our great sponsor, Heath Excellence Select!
Learn more here:
Check out our full catalog of interviews in the podcast archive
Receive access to ALL of our EXCLUSIVE bonus audio content – including “Conspiracy Corner”, “Degenerate Gamblers” and the “League of Liberty Podcast” by joining the Lions of Liberty Pride and supporting us on Patreon!