Nationally-syndicated radio host, documentary filmmaker and author John Ziegler joins Felony Friday host John Odermatt for a third time to discuss the fatally flawed media narrative known as the Jerry Sandusky scandal. John Ziegler has appeared two times previously on this show to discuss the scandal. On episode 8 and episode 14 of Felony Friday Ziegler exposed flaws in almost every aspect of the case.
Why is John Ziegler back for a third time to discuss this scandal?
Two reasons. First, to discuss the recent media firestorm that resulted from unsealed documents that were part of a court case between Penn State and their insurance company. The case centered upon disputes over which entity was responsible for paying some claimants included in the $100 M of victim settlement payments. The documents included contained victim depositions that alleged Joe Paterno and other Penn State coaches knew as early as 1976 that Jerry Sandusky was allegedly abusing boys.
The second and perhaps a more important reason for John coming back is to release a chain of emails that will put to rest the rumor that a video exists of Jerry Sandusky abusing a boy. Keep scrolling to see the emails, along with part of a letter Jerry wrote last month in prison. They are being released exclusively through Lions of Liberty.
The three email chains John Ziegler has released to Lions of Liberty are important because they confirm a story that John Ziegler has told on several occasions. During the podcast, Ziegler explains that conversations with Bruce Heim led both men to question a rumor that a recording of Jerry Sandusky abusing a boy existed. Here’s the cliff notes version of the story behind the email, for the full story listen to the podcast:
- Bruce Heim, a big donor and board member of the Second Mile charity, was aware of the McQueary incident (Victim #2) when it occurred and was confident there was no abuse. Bruce supported Jerry throughout the grand jury investigation, but when Jerry was indicted he backed away, like many friends and colleagues did.
- Penn State Board of Trustee members had heard that a tape of Jerry abusing a boy existed. In conversations with John Ziegler, Bruce told John that he believed a tape existed and if John could prove a tape did not exist, and the rumor was a complete fabrication, then he would reverse course and believe that Jerry Sandusky was innocent. (1st email)
- Bruce provided John Ziegler contact information to reach out to Ira Lubert. Lubert oversaw the victim settlements process at Penn State. Bruce Heim told Ziegler that he had heard a rumor from a member of the Penn State BOT who had claimed that when they questioned Lubert about insufficient vetting of claimants thoroughly, Lubert responded by saying there was a tape of Sandusky abusing a boy.
- Lubert’s initial email response, at the bottom, was in response to a detailed phone message John Ziegler left him outlining the rumor. Lubert responded to this by saying very directly, “Story not true.” Ziegler proceeded to continue the email conversation to get Lubert to clarify that unequivocally, there is no tape. (2nd email)
- John then forwarded Ira Lubert’s email confirmation that a tape does not exist to Bruce Heim. Bruce Heim never responded to the email. (3rd email)
- As was discussed on the podcast, the settlements were recently in the news and it is blatantly obvious that Penn State did not vet claimants. If it is true that Penn State BOT members pushed back against Lubert regarding the settlement process, then it certainly is possible that Lubert pushed back by introducing the rumor of a tape to get the board to go along with the settlement process. Perhaps we’ll never know the full truth. But we do know this: Ira Lubert is the new Penn State BOT Chairman and we have evidence of him admitting that a tape does not exist.
Email between John Ziegler and Ira Lubert.
John Ziegler sends response from Ira Lubert to Bruce Heim.
Here is the 2nd Page of a letter Jerry Sandusky wrote from prison. In the letter Jerry comments on assistant coach Kevin O’dea being slandered by a claimant (Matt Sandusky) during the settlement process. Jerry also vents about the evil nature of the settlement process.
Follow John Ziegler on Twitter @Zigmanfreud
* The topic of child sexual abuse is a very serious and emotional topic. This interview is in no way a defense of child sex abuse. Child abuse is an abhorrent, awful crime. However, we can’t allow ourselves to be blinded by emotion when seeking justice.
Stay on top of the latest Lions of Liberty news with our unobtrusive email list!
SUPPORT THE LIONS OF LIBERTY PODCAST!
For a practical, affordable alternative to standard health insurance, check out our great sponsor, Heath Excellence Select! Learn more here:
Shop for killer liberty and political gear at Liberty Maniacs and use Discount Code “LIONSOFLIBERTY” for 10% off your entire purchase!
Check out our YouTube Channel!