On today’s Electric Libertyland, Brian welcomes in fellow comedian and Board Member of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) Public Benefit Corporation, Matt Neal (@mattnealcomedy), to discuss the FDA’s green light for phase 3 trials of MDMA to treat PTSD.
Matt and Brian discuss the benefits of psychedelics in curing PTSD, depression and other health issues as well as some of the challenges medicine of this nature faces, primarily in battling public perceptions held from the decades of drug prohibition.
Discussed in this Episode:
- MAPS Public Benefit Corp
- Public Benefit Corps definition
- Psychedelic Science Conference & Banquet
- Rolling Stone’s piece on applications for (and firsthand experience using) psychedelics
- Rand Paul & Tulsi Gabbard’s “Stop Arming Terrorists” Bill
- New York scraps literacy test for teachers because…diversity.
- Buy a T Shirt!
Discuss this and much more in our private Facebook Group: The Lions of Liberty Forum!
Never miss an episode of the Lions of Liberty Podcast and subscribe for free via iTunes (don’t forget to leave us a rating and review )- or the Stitcher Radio App.
Check out our full catalog of interviews in the podcast archive.