In today’s episode, host Marc Clair is joined by Ryan McMaken, editor of The Mises Wire and The Austrian over at The Mises Institute, and author of the book “Commie Cowboys: The Bourgeoisue and the Nation-State in the Western Genre.”
In the show you’ll hear Marc and Ryan discuss:
- Ryan’s windy road to libertarianism, which parallelled his path from atheism to catholicism, eventually leading him to the Mises Institute, natural rights, and Rothbard.
- Why he enjoys writing about “radical decentralization”, and finds no value in those who make basic “End the State!” arguments.
- What inspired Ryans’ book “Commie Cowboys”, and why the much of the Western genre in American films were so authoritarian and anti-libertyin nature.
- Plus! Marc answers a couple “Letters of Liberty” from fans of the show!
Discussed in today’s show:
- Check out Ryan McMaken’s work at The Mises Institute
- Buy Ryan’s book, “Commie Cowboys: The Bourgeoisue and the Nation-State in the Western Genre.” on Amazon:
NOT discussed in today’s show (articles by Ryan we never got around to):
- 4 problems with Jeff Sessions’ new “Tough on Crime” stance
- Public-Sector Unions Keep the Gravy Train Flowing to Fire Departments
- Dismantle the FBI, and Give It’s Money Back to the States
- End Airline Protectionism: Allow Foreign Carriers on Domestic Routes
Get access to EXCLUSIVE bonus audio content including our bonus “Libertarians in Living Rooms Drinking Liquor” with Johnny “Rocket” Adams and Remso W. Martinez by joining the Lions of Liberty Pride! Join today and help us grow the show in 2017!
Check out today’s sponsors:
Submit your own “Letters of Liberty” by joining our private Facebook group: The Lions of Liberty Forum or drop an email to marc@Lionsofliberty.com!
Check out our full catalog of interviews in the podcast archive.