In this week’s episode of Electric Libertyland, host Brian McWilliams gives his take on the Trumpian circle-jerk that was the 2017 Emmy Awards, and how politics and entertainment need to take a break from each other. He then turns towards more serious topics including the utter failure of the Federal Reserve’s quantitative easing programs, the GOP’s last-ditch effort to repeal Obamacare (kind of) with the Graham-Cassidy plan, the state of the 1st Amendment, new climate research and an idiotic idea in the UK to limit voting rights based on internet trolling.
Discussed in this Episode:
The Emmys were predictable and the opening number says it all.
- END THE FED – Quantitive Easing fails.
- Cayman Islands hospital $1k-$2 k for heart surgery, one bill, cost in advance, for profit, streamlined internal bureaucracy.
- Graham Cassidy Healthcare Bill
- New paper says climate models have vastly overstated warming & we have far more time to combat it to reach warming goals.
- “Watchdog group” in the UK calls for removal of voting rights for twitter trolls.
As mentioned, a huge fan and supporter of the show and the first very member of the Lions of Liberty Pride at $25 level, Daniel Lee, was directly affected by the Hurricane Harvey. We helping to fund a project aiding Daniel and his family to recover from the storm. Please consider tossing a few bucks his way through DonorSee!
Join the conversation in our private Facebook group: The Lions of Liberty Forum!
Check out our full catalog of interviews in the podcast archive.