On today’s flagship Lions of Liberty podcast, Marc hosts a lively debate on the concept of a Universal Basic Income guarantee! While most libertarians would oppose a UBI on it’s surface, there are those who see it as a practical replacement for the current welfare state. Today, Marc welcomes Michael Munger, professor of political science at Duke University, and Antony Sammeroff, co-host of the Scottish Liberty Podcast and author of Universal Basic Income: For and Against to debate the resolution, “The Universal Basic Income should be supported by libertarians as a replacement for the current welfare state, Social Security system, and minimum wage regulations.” Munger speaks in favor, while Sammeroff speaks against. This was a blast to record and I’m sure you’ll all enjoy! it!
Discussed in today’s episode:
- A Universal Basic Income Stipend for Americans: Is It Time? by Michael Munger
- Universal Basic Income: For and Against by Antony Sammeroff
- The Case Against a Basic Income Guarantee by David Henderson
- Check out more of Michael Munger’s work and articles
- Check out Antony’s work on The Scottish Liberty Podcast and at BeYourselfandLoveIt.com