In today’s episode, host Marc Clair is joined by Ryan McMaken, editor of The Mises Wire and The Austrian over at The Mises Institute, and author of the book “Commie Cowboys: The Bourgeoisue and the Nation-State in the Western Genre.”
In the show you’ll hear Marc and Ryan discuss:
- Ryan’s windy road to libertarianism, which parallelled his path from atheism to catholicism, eventually leading him to the Mises Institute, natural rights, and Rothbard.
- Why he enjoys writing about “radical decentralization”, and finds no value in those who make basic “End the State!” arguments.
- What inspired Ryans’ book “Commie Cowboys”, and why the much of the Western genre in American films were so authoritarian and anti-libertyin nature.
- Plus! Marc answers a couple “Letters of Liberty” from fans of the show!
Discussed in today’s show:
- Check out Ryan McMaken’s work at The Mises Institute
- Buy Ryan’s book, “Commie Cowboys: The Bourgeoisue and the Nation-State in the Western Genre.” on Amazon:
NOT discussed in today’s show (articles by Ryan we never got around to):
- 4 problems with Jeff Sessions’ new “Tough on Crime” stance
- Public-Sector Unions Keep the Gravy Train Flowing to Fire Departments
- Dismantle the FBI, and Give It’s Money Back to the States
- End Airline Protectionism: Allow Foreign Carriers on Domestic Routes
Receive access to ALL of our EXCLUSIVE bonus audio content – including “Conspiracy Corner”, “Degenerate Gamblers” and the “League of Liberty Podcast” by joining the Lions of Liberty Pride and supporting us on Patreon!
Check out today’s sponsors:
Submit your own “Letters of Liberty” by joining our private Facebook group: The Lions of Liberty Forum or drop an email to marc@Lionsofliberty.com!
Check out our full catalog of interviews in the podcast archive.