On this week’s Electric Libertyland Brian McWilliams salutes an invoking of the War Powers Act to strike down U.S. support for the war in Yemen before turning his attention to attacking the 2018 Farm Bill’s subsidy madness. Brian then laments California’s “texting” taxation attempt and finishes up the podcast by gaping in awe at Elizabeth Warren’s newest and dumbest plan to lower drug prices. The would-be Native American senator just introduced a bill that would get government into the pharmaceutical manufacturing game and truly “socialize” medicine.
Discussed in this episode:
- Senate Passes 2018 Farm Bill Legalizing Hemp, Ditching SNAP Work Requirements
- Farm bill is cronyist BS as always
- Democrats eagerly anticipate return of earmarks as way to win over rank and file members
- Rand Paul: ‘Extraordinary Moment’ When Senate Passed Resolution Invoking War Powers to Stop Illegal Yemen War
- Foreign Born US Citizen Sues Government for Unconstitutional Search of Phone at LAX
- Warren unveils bill to lower drug prices by letting government manufacture them
Visit ConversationMatTime.com to schedule your free introductory session!
Support this show on Patreon to listen to the bonus segment as referenced in the show, as well as ALL of our EXCLUSIVE bonus content, including the “League of Liberty” podcast, South Park recaps w Brian and Dan Smotz, “Conspiracy Corner”, “Degenerate Gamblers” , bonus editions of “Libertarians in Living Rooms Drinking Liquor” and so much more!
Join the conversation in our private Facebook group: The Lions of Liberty Forum!
Check out our full catalog of interviews in the podcast archive.