On this week’s Electric Libertyland Brian gets into the morally bankrupt media attacking Rand Paul for using a Canadian hospital, debunks the 70% tax rate argument and loses his mind over a new bill that would deny lenders and landlords collecting from any government worker during the shutdown: a clear preference for the well being of their own over private citizens. Brian then turns his attention to CA Governor Gavin Newsom’s elitist nonsense from his inaugural address and the Los Angeles teacher’s strike, which began this week. Finally, Brian wraps up looking at Gillette’s new “Toxic Masculinity” ad, and discusses Bolton and Pompeo’s recent troubling remarks and their impact on America’s occupation of the Middle East.
Discussed in this Episode:
- Press Outlets Dunk on Rand Paul for Going to Canada, Land of ‘Socialized Medicine,’ for Surgery. But the Clinic Is Private.
- An Insured Woman Was Hit With $20,000 in Surprise Bills After a Trip to a San Francisco Emergency Room. The Prices Were Set by the City.
- After Tax Increase, Canada Sees $4.6B Less Revenue Come In From Highest Bracket
- Democrats Introduce Bill To Shield Unpaid Federal Workers From Lenders And Landlords
- Gillette’s “Toxic Masculinity” Ad Campaign Backfires Spectacularly
- L.A. Teachers to Strike After Rejecting Offered Pay Raise
- Pompeo’s Cairo speech is a fundamental turning point for US foreign policy in these three watershed ways
Visit ConversationMatTime.com to schedule your free introductory session!
Support this show on Patreon to listen to the bonus segment as referenced in the show, as well as ALL of our EXCLUSIVE bonus content, including the “League of Liberty” podcast, South Park recaps w Brian and Dan Smotz, “Conspiracy Corner”, “Degenerate Gamblers” , bonus editions of “Libertarians in Living Rooms Drinking Liquor” and so much more!
Join the conversation in our private Facebook group: The Lions of Liberty Forum!
Check out our full catalog of interviews in the podcast archive.